The Ultimate Guide to Digital Marketing
According to statistics, over 90% of Americans have access to the internet as of August 2021, and the majority of them are consistently active online. The number of people who use the internet is undoubtedly growing every day.
Now, regardless of what type of business you have or what products and services you offer, you should embrace the trend and get online, utilizing the internet to promote your company. For your business to grow and succeed in today’s fast-paced technology-driven world, you’ll need a solid digital marketing strategy.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing, also known as Online Marketing, is a form of marketing that uses the Internet to reach consumers and prospects. Digital marketing may reach out to people and advertise products and services on the internet utilizing a variety of digital technologies and platforms, such as:
- Mobile phone applications
- Web applications
- Social media platforms
- Search engines
Why is Digital Marketing Important?
The ability to engage and communicate online with prospective and present customers, answer concerns, and handle difficulties is one of the most essential reasons why digital marketing has become so important. You can also engage with a larger audience, which means you can do more than simply sell.
With digital marketing, you can get input from others and conduct market research to help you make better decisions. You can also look for collaborations, run a campaign for subcontractors, or get professional guidance on project work from your colleagues. You may raise your visibility and gain endorsements from your audience by encouraging them to share your pages.
Traditional Marketing vs Digital Marketing
Traditional Marketing involves using old-school and traditional methods to promote and advertise your business, such as:
- Print medias
- Printed flyers
Old-school strategies of Traditional Marketing do not imply that it is outdated. It continues to play a vital role in people’s lives.
The main difference between digital and traditional marketing is the channel through which a marketing message is delivered to an audience. Digital marketing makes use of internet media such as social media and websites, whereas traditional marketing makes use of hard copy, traditional media.
Advantages of Digital Marketing
In today’s digital era, people are spending more time on the internet. Digital marketing takes advantage of this by incorporating marketing strategies into every online channel available. When compared to traditional marketing, the benefits of digital marketing are tremendous.
Here are a few advantages of digital marketing:
- Huge return on investment
- Mobile Access
- Easy to share
- Easy to track and manage
- Precise targeting of audience
- Global Advertisement
- Greater engagement
Different Types of Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is defined as the use of a range of internet channels and platforms to engage with customers over the internet, so there are different types and techniques of digital marketing you can use to meet your company’s needs.
Here are some of the several methods of digital marketing you may utilize to increase your online customer base:
Content marketing is the process of creating and sharing material in your website that adds value to your audiences, such as text, images, videos, and multimedia. This marketing strategy is to generate consumers and leads, increase traffic, and raise brand awareness.
The following are some of the most common channels for content marketing strategies:
- Infographics: Visitors to your website will be able to understand and engage with challenging subjects if you use an engaging and effective manner to visualize content. Because we have become more visually oriented as a culture as a result of social media, infographics and other forms of visual material are ideal for social sharing and brand recognition.
- eBooks and white papers: By collecting contact information, eBooks and white papers can help with lead generation. This is performed by providing an online form for those who download your content to fill out, in which you ask them to provide necessary information such as their name and email address.
- Blog posts: Creating and posting blogs on your company’s website is an excellent strategy to increase search traffic while also demonstrating your business expertise. Additionally, producing blog entries increases your chances of converting website visitors into leads.
Social Media Marketing
According to statistics on social media usage, 70% of the US population has active social media accounts. With that high percentage of social media users, Social Media Marketing is one of the best digital marketing strategies to reach out to customers.
Social media adds a whole new dimension of engagement and interaction. You can truly engage with your customers and listen to their wants and concerns. Businesses can use social media marketing to reach out to their customers, promote, advertise, and share their content, products, services, and brand on social media platforms like:
Affiliate marketing involves collaborating with other people or companies to promote your products and services on their websites or through their social media. This is a type of commission-based advertising where advertisers receive a commission for promoting your products or services on their website.
How does it work? The affiliate will advertise and promote your product on their website, and if a buyer clicks through and purchases your products or services, the affiliate will be paid a commission for bringing that sale happening.
Businesses can use email marketing to target people who have consented to receive marketing email messages. Email is used to promote information about your products, services, offers, events, as well as send customers the link to the company’s website.
In an email marketing campaign, you could send the following types of emails:
- Promotions and discounts
- Loyalty program members
- Blog subscription newsletters
- Welcome emails for new customers
- A series of emails with industry-specific advice or other useful information
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
This is the process of improving the ranking of your content, webpages, and the overall website in search engine result pages to increase the quantity of organic traffic it receives.
You can employ a variety of strategies to enhance your company’s SEO, including:
- On-page SEO: focused on the content that already appears on your website and can be readily optimized. Begin by looking for keywords that target a certain audience or topic, to improve your search engine result ranking. You may also boost your website’s on-page SEO by responding to readers’ commonly asked questions.
- Off-page SEO: focusing on everything that happens off the page. Improve your off-page SEO by growing the number of high-quality publishers linking to you, which you may do via networking, attracting external attention, and participating in guest articles with backlinks to your website.
- Technical SEO: focusing on the technical aspects of SEO for your website. It includes image compression, structured data, and CSS file optimization, which are all examples of technical SEO that can improve your website’s loading time, which is a significant ranking factor in search engine results.
Pay Per Click (PPC)
PPC is a strategy of increasing website traffic by paying a publisher each time your ad is clicked. Google Ads is among the most popular types of PPC. It allows you to pay for top spots on Google’s search engine results pages by paying “per click” for the links you publish.
PPC can also be used in the following channels:
- Facebook Ads
- Twitter Ads campaigns
- Sponsored Messages on LinkedIn
- Bing Ads
- Amazon Ads
- Instagram Ads
Marketing automation refers to a program that automates your main marketing procedures. Instead of manually executing these marketing procedures, many marketing teams can use Marketing Automation to automate the following:
- Email newsletters
- Social media post scheduling
- Converting leads
- Tracking and reporting campaigns
Online Public Relations
Businesses can use public relations marketing to increase their brand’s presence in the press. The purpose of public relations is to get journalists and influencers to talk about your company, products, and services. It’s the process of obtaining internet exposure through digital publications, blogs, and other content-based websites. It’s similar to traditional public relations, but it’s done online.
You can use the following channels to maximize your PR efforts:
- Social media outreach to reporters: Talking to reputable journalists on social media is a terrific method to build a press relationship that leads to earned media opportunities for your business.
- Responding to online reviews: When someone reviews your company online, whether it’s a positive or bad review, engaging company reviews can help you personalize your brand. Make sure to send a compelling message that defends your reputation.
- Reply comments on your website or blog: Responding to people’s comments or reactions can help you build meaningful interactions and conversations with those who visit your site or read your content. This improves users’ experience and encourages visitors to interact with you every time you publish content.
Hire Sayles Industries as Your Marketing Agency
For your company to take full advantage of the many digital marketing strategies available, you should choose a trustworthy and experienced digital marketing agency to help you.
Sayles Industries is a top-rated digital marketing company in Erie that can help your business with all of its digital marketing needs. Sayles Industries’ dedicated and experienced team of professionals can assist your business in gaining the recognition and traffic it deserves, as well as promoting your products services at an affordable price.
Level up your digital marketing strategies and contact Sayles Industries today!